Sunday, June 20, 2010

First photo, First purchase.....


Today is the day the All Whites drew against Italy! Yes I watched in from Sam's apartment, after my first full day in Paris. I was proud of my friend Ricky... well, we ARE friends, as I sat with him on the plane a few months ago!!

Helene (my NEW best friend!! We've amicably agreed to share Sam...) and I, and of course Sam, took the Metro to Le Marais, which is the Jewish community area, as well as the Gay centre, and probably the only place open on Sundays, therefore jammed packed!

It was cold actually, and everyone was rugged up. It was funny to watch other women dress like me! Strange, as I never really feel like this in Wellington, but here, it's like I have "sisters" all around me! Not that they are comprehensible to me, but still, it is a strange feeling.

It's the architecture that I love, it is so old and beautiful, and also, the people, they are so different to New Zealanders, in all sorts of ways. Yes, the arrogance comes through, but with an air of confidence that you cannot help to admire. It is so tiring watching, taking it all in and concentrating.

We cued up for falafel wraps, the most delicious and healthy lunch, standing and watching the world go by with hummus and tomato dripping down our wrists in the most scrumptious of sandwiches if you can call them that! Then we sat in a cafe, surrounded by a gaggle of cliche gays and had a glass of red bordeaux... well I had a glass of wine, the others stuck to diet coke and a flat white (for that I stay in NZ!!)

Then came my first purchase.......doncha love it!!! My french visual french book, and french bread.... two must haves!!!





2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Sounds like you are having a blast :) Well done on the blog too!
    Lots of love, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mum I am so impressed you are doing a blog! Just another new thing to add to your amazing adventure. It sounds like you are having a blast so far. You think Sam is living in a shoe box? You should have seen his old place!! I'm sure he has told you.

    Soph and I have just arrived back in Dunedin after and awesome roady around the south. We saw some beautiful sights, took heaps of photos and met some really great people. I will be back in Wellington tomorrow night, so I will call you guys from Dad's sometime this week. What are your plans? Where is your nxt stop?

    I am glad you are a happy maman. Keep up the great writing and talk soon. Love L xx

    ReplyDelete